Tuesday, February 1, 2011

White Oprah Approved...Winter Wipeout



Ok, in all honesty, four weeks ago was the very first time I had watched any of the "Wipeout" programs. I felt I was, well far too intelligent to watch such a stupid program. I hate more than anything to admit I am wrong, but I was wrong about the show.

This show is so funny that it is actually painful for me to watch it. Generally the pain starts when some dweeb gets bent up like a pretzel. Their pain thrills me. Then add someone getting so close to the finish just to go sliding off a slick platform. I start laughing, then snorting, then coughing and occasionally I laugh so hard I fart a little. My laugh then gets out of control, which sounds a little like a hyena giving birth. It is not a pretty sight therefore I must watch completely alone.

The hosts, John Anderson and John Henson make the show even funnier with their commentary. Then there are the contestants. I have no idea where they get some of these people. One guy last week was mumbling about being the only human on the show??? Ok whatever crazy person.

If laughter is the best medicine, then Wipeout is like a giant dose of Amoxicillin. It will fix you up in no time. Check it out on ABC, Thursday nights at 7 central.

1 comment: