Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Smart Phone Conformist

I have decided to conform. I broke down and got a smart phone. For the past 3 years, I have been provided a cell phone by the company I work for so I could be on call. I have changed positions and turned the phone in for the person that took my spot. I was glad to be rid of that phone for many reasons…hated being on call first and foremost and it was a very basic phone. They had even cut off our option to receive and send pictures on it.
After some research I went to Best Buy and got a HTC Droid Incredible. I have never been a real big fan of Apple so I wanted an Android phone.  The phone is great. I think my favorite feature by far is the talk to text feature. I push a microphone button and can speak my text messages instead of taking all the time to type it out. Brilliant!
A month into using this phone I think I may have made a huge mistake. Between shopping for new apps, playing Angry Birds and Words With Friends, I get absolutely nothing done.
Angry Birds is much better on my PS3 but the phone version will do in a pinch. If you have not seen this game yet you must go download it. I am not sure why I am so fascinated with squashing the pigs but I am. After you have failed all your attempts and they gloat by flashing their big teeth at you…oh it just pushes my buttons and I must play another 7 hours to make them pay.
Words With Friends has only been available to Android for a few days. I have been playing non-stop since it came out.  It is basically an online version of Scrabble that you can play with friends. I am horrible at it, but love the challenge so I keep playing.
If you have a smart phone you might want to check out those games. But play at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible if you lose your job and your life is ruined from playing Angry Birds.

2 comments:

  1. My phone makes outgoing calls, takes incoming calls, and I can take picture or video if a crime happens in front of me. I got no apps. Rich people like you got apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL these apps are free Grumpy. I have not paid for a single app yet.

    ReplyDelete