Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"I Get Her Office Chair!"


KTLA has reported that a woman died in her cubicle at work and was not found for at least a full day.

The last time anyone saw her alive was around 9a.m. on Friday and she was discovered slumped over her desk on Saturday afternoon by a security guard that was passing through.

I would think out of all of the ways to die this just might be ranked in my top 10 least favorite ways to die. It would have to be right up there with being fed into a wood chipper while alive and burning up in a house fire.

I can only imagine being at the L.A. County Department of Internal Services the Monday after she was found. It probably still smelled a little and someone is very crabby they have to take on her work.

I know in our office when someone is laid off or quits we love to fight over their office supplies and other things they may have left behind. The main thing we fight over are the wireless headsets. Nothing like being able to talk to someone while you are urinating in the bathroom.

I imagine if this were ever to happen to me they will be fighting over my silver file thingie mabob that I have on my desk. It is very modern looking and the best thing I have since I no longer have a headset.

Investigators are not sure of the cause of 51 year old Rebecca Wells' death. They did say they do not suspect foul play was involved. I am pretty sure I have cracked this case wide open. All I had to do was to read she was a longtime compliance auditor. She died of having the most boring job in the world. Case closed.

6 comments:

  1. I bet when the janitor found her, he was like, "I aint cleaning that up!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dibs on the red Swingline stapler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yea I can't imagine the janitor wanted anything to do with it.

    @David..."red Swingline stapler"? It sounds like you have fought over some office supplies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No bladder problems. I heard you loud and clear. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another good reason to rid the world of cubicles. How can this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is just so unbelievable to me Grumpy...Does she not have family that would be looking for her Friday night? Co-workers that are friends? Just a crazy story.

    ReplyDelete