Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Writing Assignment


Well this one was very difficult for me. Something that seems so simple to put into words is not. Assignment...pick a color...you are the color, write from your point of view and describe yourself...So here it is...

You will find me on a few college campuses. I am in the band, on the field and in the stadium. As you walk to the big game, you step on the maple leaves of my color, crunching them under the soles of your shoes. People you pass speak to you, “Roll Tide” and “Boomer Sooner”. I am the violence and bloodshed on the field that day. I am Crimson Red.


I am the lipstick color your wife chooses to wear on your date night. The color of the rose you give her as you get into the car. After several glasses of Chianti, you will relax and remember all the reasons you fell in love with each other. I am Crimson Red.


All of Hollywood’s leading ladies love to wear me. I am vivid and sensual. I can set off your eyes like no other color. I envelop the ladies with my warm velvet skin. I am Crimson Red.


I have my own song. You may have heard it, “Crimson and Clover.” That’s right…“over and over”. Thank you Tommy James. I am Crimson Red.


My taste is something like a spiced apple ring. I have the sting of a “Red Hot” and the sweetness of the apple. I tickle your tongue and leave you wanting more.


I am Crimson Red.

3 comments:

  1. I like it; I don't see the self editing, but what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey....you changed the ending. I like this one much better!! Crimson Plums~~~ Whatever!
    By the way....Red is my favorite Color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read a comment a classmate left and she says she sees poetry in my writing???? Good lord I write something I think is pretty bad and now I am a poet. LOL
    Thanks for reading it guys!

    ReplyDelete