Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ina Gonna Boycott You Bitch

Ina Garten, you should be ashamed.

Ina Garten, not once, but twice refused to meet a little boy that wanted to meet her via the “Make a Wish Foundation”.

 Enzo Pereda, 6 years old, has had acute lymphoblastic leukemia for 3 years now.  He would often watch Garten’s show, “The Barefoot Contessa” from his bed with his mother.  When “Make a Wish” called he immediately knew that he wanted to meet and cook with Ina Garten. How many 6 year old boys would want to meet this old bat?? Not many. She should have been thrilled. But no, she refused. She gave the excuse of a busy book tour.

“Make a Wish” tells the boy she is just too busy and would he like another wish. He said that he would wait. The foundation went back to Garten again asking her to meet with the boy. Again, she says she is just too busy.
Enzo was told no again and this time he came up with another wish; to swim with dolphins. Pereda’s mom said the boy looked at her and said, “Why doesn’t she want to meet me?” Doesn’t that just break your heart?

As soon as this story broke, what do you know?? Suddenly, Garten’s schedule was cleared. Enzo has been invited to visit the set of her show.
It is odd this story has come up this week. I just this past weekend watched a portion of one of her Food Network shows and was bored to tears. I got to watch her feed her face with some restaurant owner’s cheese dip and then we were shown how to make it at home. This woman got rich off this stupid show??
Ina Garten is a greedy self-absorbed woman. Oh yes, her publicist said she is bombarded with requests to meet sick adults and children and she simply cannot meet everyone. There cannot be that many people that want to meet this woman. Or how about this? Cancel one of your book tour stops or re-schedule a stop. Will someone die from not getting their cookbook signed? Not a chance. You picked the book tour over charity because the book tour pays baby. You evil, evil woman.
Please don’t put any more money in this woman’s pockets. Read more, watch TV less. If you need a cookbook, buy something by Paula Deen or The Pioneer Woman.

4 comments:

  1. Or, my family is addicted to that weirdo Rachel Ray.
    I gotta say, though, playing Devil's Advocate, I can see where you reach a point in your life that you have to make some tough choices about your time. I'm not famous, but I have to turn things down quite a bit. Of course, nobody calls the news about it, but it happens. Oh, well...I'm glad he got to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the response Anon. Trust me, I tossed this around in my head for quite a while today before posting this and I thought of the requests she probably gets and the time she has to do them. But over and over it kept coming back to me...how many 6 year old dying kids want to meet her? I would have to say not many. If nothing else, could she not have sent an autograph and a written response that when her schedule clears she would love to meet with him. Or a phone call from her? I mean there are so many decent things she could have done to make an effort instead of refusing him twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with White Oprah on this. Until this post I had never heard of this woman; now I am writing the Food Network and asking that they remove her from the air.

    P.S. I love Rachael Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has always been a self absorbed over weight disgusting elitist pig.--- There is a place in HELL for losers like her---God Bless that beautiful child!!!!

    ReplyDelete