Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ladies You Must Read This Book


I have been reading this book for awhile now. With all the writing I have been doing for class and for the blog I don't have as much time to read as I would like.

I read one of my many self help books and the person that wrote that book recommended this one. I have read a few books on finance and savings but none like this. It was easy to understand and has so many good things in it that I am going to have to go back over the book again.

Please keep in mind this book was last updated in 2002 so some of the information is dated like you are worth more money than you make, go in and get a 10% raise. Uh huh. Not with this economy. But really most of the information in this book is very helpful. I wish someone had given me a copy of it about 20 years ago, but I will get busy with what I have learned and hopefully won't be eating cat food when I retire.

I beg you...go get this book right now and start reading. If you are a dude and don't want to buy a book for women I understand...David Bach has many books out that you might be more comfortable reading like, "Smart Couples Finish Rich" or "Start Late, Finish Rich".

If I had Oprah money I would buy every woman I know a copy. That is how important I feel this book is. Do yourself a favor...check it out from your library and then report back to me what you think.

6 comments:

  1. I think the person getting rich is the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women with money...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the author is super rich. With the news of no Social Security a year before I can retire with full benefits I feel I need to act fast. This book has some great advice for what you can do with the money you making right now. You don't have to make $100,000/year to have enough money to save for a comfortable retirement. Following some of his suggestions I will return in a year to let you know how much I have saved.
    Anon...I wish you had a name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chill; it was just a joke. I'm one of Woprah's biggest fans.

    ReplyDelete