Monday, January 17, 2011

"I Have a Dream"


In honor of MLK day, I thought I would tell everyone about a site I have been going to for awhile called Kiva.org. Men and women from all around the world go to this site to borrow money to start a business, buy supplies for a business and occasionally for personal expenses. You can loan anywhere from $25 to $500 and Kiva does charge a service fee for the transaction to keep the site going.


You are loaning money, it will come back to you eventually. Each case gives you an idea as to when you should expect your money to be paid back. I just like the idea that you are loaning someone money to help their business grow. I have not one time had someone not pay me back in full.


The picture above is Freddy and I have loaned him some money because he needs supplies for the sewing workshop he runs in Nicaragua. He will be using the money to purchase fabric, thread, buttons and zippers. Freddy started his business when he was 14 years old.


So go check this out...in honor of MLK let's help someone today to have their dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. Woprah....Such an inspiration you are!!! I really like the idea of helping another achieve their "dreams"...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete