Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Can't Get Enough of Etsy



During the holidays I discovered Etsy.com. I thought Ebay was a great place but Etsy is like Ebay's weird, eclectic cousin. People from all over the world sell their homemade items on Etsy. You can buy art, vintage items, edibles, quilts, jewelry and much more. If you like to give gifts that are unusual and not found in stores you must go to Etsy.

I was shocked to discover that Etsy .com has been around since 2005. In 2009 the company held "etsyday" on Twitter and since then the company has blown up.

The picture above is my most recent purchase on Etsy. It is a journal that someone has made out of a ledger from 1915. The person drew this photo on top of the ledger. I have no idea how I am not smudging it but so far so good. This journal cost me around $20 plus shipping.

So with Valentine's Day only weeks away, you might want to check out Etsy.com for a gift for your special someone.

3 comments:

  1. As usual, The White Oprah scours the world for things that will make our lives better. We will never be able to repay you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 2 hours and $70 spent, I'm now hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I could scroll through that site for hours, I just love looking at all the interesting handmade items. I so wish I had talent to make things cool like that.

    ReplyDelete